Kill TeamKill Team: Core Manual
The Core Manual is a 208-page softback book which contains complete rules for choosing and constructing a kill team from 16 factions in the Warhammer 40,000 range (Adeptus Astartes, Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Astra Militarum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Heretic Astartes, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Asuryani, Drukhari, Harlequins, Necrons, Orks, T’au Empire, Tyranids and Genestealer Cults), along with background explaining the importance of kill teams to the wider battle for supremacy:
- Shadow War: this section of the book takes you through the roles of kill teams in the 41st Millennium – whether surgically removing an enemy commander or dangerous demagogue, desperately fighting their way through a battlefield to reinforce stranded comrades or finding themselves the last line of defence against an overwhelming force, every battle between kill teams tells a story of heroism and adventure;
- Heroes All: every kill team is different, but all have certain features in common – each features a charismatic, cunning or domineering leader and specialists, skilled individuals who bring vital equipment and talents;
- Theatres of War: the supreme commanders of the 41st Millennium have incredible military might at their disposal, and yet there are many scenarios in which the precise application of a small, highly trained force is appropriate. Thousands of war zones have seen drastic changes after a kill team incursion; this section describes but a few of the myriad different environments these small squads have battled in.
- Core Rules: covering the basics of Kill Team, this section takes you through exactly what you need in order to play, explains how to interpret and use datasheets, and how to set up your battle. It takes you through Battle Rounds, which consist of Initiative, Movement, Psychic, Shooting, Fighting and Morale phases with annotated, easy to follow guides and photographs;
- Fighting a Battle: here you’ll learn how the structure of your game will be defined – deciding on a mission, setting up the battlefield, and deploying your kill teams. Included is an example Open Play mission – Covert War – which serves as an easy introduction;
- Advanced Rules: this section adds a variety of optional rules for complexity and depth, recommended for use after players are familiar with the core rules. It includes different types of terrain, rules for climbing, mantling, leaping over gaps and covers damage received by falling from heights;
- Killzones: these are environment-specific rules, adding danger and advantages according to the area your miniatures find themselves in. This section includes Sector Imperialis rules, which are designed for use with the scenery found in the box;
- Missions: this section introduces 3 Open, 4 Matched and 4 Narrative play missions, showing you how to pick and choose elements from each to create your own games, the way you want to play them. It includes details of the Scouting Phase, in which planning, preparing and luck can dictate the direction of the battle to be fought. Each included mission features advice on selecting your teams, setup, deployment and victory conditions;
- Kill Teams: this section takes you through building your kill team in a thorough and easy to follow manner, covering Open, Matched and Narrative play-specific teams;
- Command Points: Matched play kill teams can be Battle-forged – this section describes the tactics specific to these teams;
- Specialists: these are experienced fighters with certain abilities, split into 9 disciplines: Leader, Combat, Comms, Demolitions, Heavy, Medic, Scout, Sniper, Veteran and Zealot, each featuring 3 exclusive Tactics. These Tactics are increasingly powerful, and are unlocked by acquiring experience during a campaign;
- Background information for each of the following factions: Adeptus Astartes, Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Astra Militarum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Heretic Astartes, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Asuryani, Drukhari, Harlequins, Necrons, Orks, T’au Empire, Tyranids, and Genestealer Cults. This section can be used to add character to your kill team, with name and characteristic generators, faction-specific Tactics, and even quirks for each of your squad members. Each faction also features datasheets and comprehensive wargear tables with points lists and abilities.
Kill Team can be played and enjoyed in one-off missions, but included are a suite of comprehensive optional rules for fighting multiple battles in a connected series, forming a narrative of covert battles fought alongside a greater war. This section of the book walks you through a Kill Team campaign: the victory conditions, how to select missions, gain experience and upgrade your team, deal with injuries, manage resources and even escalate conflict. This includes blank command rosters and datasheets which you can photocopy and use to keep track of your campaign.
On top of all this is a miniatures showcase, brimming with inspiration photos of kill teams and battle scenes.
Kill Team: Commanders
Kill Team: Commanders is an expansion for Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, introducing elite war leaders and experts in the art of battle – Commanders. It contains all the rules required to add these powerful hero characters to your Kill Team battles and campaigns at a variety of balanced skill levels and provides missions designed to showcase these miniatures in open, narrative and matched play. Included in the box:
A 120-page softback book, Kill Team: Commanders explains everything you need to know about Commanders, their role at the head of a kill team and how to leverage their abilities in your games:
- A Galaxy at War: an introduction to the setting of Kill Team in the 41st Millennium, a time of endless conflict, a nightmare in which all hope is forsaken and Humanity stands upon the brink of total damnation – this section explains the role and function of Commanders, the abilities and talents they add to the kill teams under their leadership and the nature of the shadow wars they fight, from all-out firefights on worlds torn apart to surgical strikes on specific targets
- Commander Tactics and Traits: these are specific Tactics and Traits for use in games, only applicable to Commanders
- Psychic Powers: 6 devastating psychic powers which any Commander psyker can choose from
- Rules for fielding Commanders as part of a Kill Team campaign, with a table determining the events that occur should your Commander fall victim to your opponent
- Aura Tactics: Commanders are inherently charismatic leaders, and Aura Tactics reflect this – passive abilities which affect models within a certain distance
- Specialists: rules for 10 different types of Commander specialisms – Ferocity, Fortitude, Leadership, Logistics, Melee, Psyker, Shooting, Stealth, Strategist and Strength – each featuring its own specific Tactics and skill tree, allowing you to field your Commander according to the play style you prefer; whether that be a psychotic berserker, a studious tactician, or anything in between
- A comprehensive list of Commanders available to the 16 Warhammer 40,000 factions covered in Kill Team – Adeptus Astartes, Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Astra Militarum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Heretic Astartes, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Asuryani, Drukhari, Harlequins, Necrons, Orks, T’au Empire, Tyranids, and Genestealer Cults – featuring background information, datasheets, Tactics and psychic disciplines along with the relevant points values and wargear available to each
- Additional rules covering deployment and battle length
- Heroic Regalia: this section presents a collection of beautifully-painted Citadel miniatures, demonstrating the formidable sight of Kill Team Commanders in full flow on the battlefield
- Missions: 6 narrative play missions, 6 matched play missions and 3 open play missions for Kill Team with Commanders, along with a host of inspirational ideas for your own open play games. Each of these missions includes guidance on battlefield setup, the scouting phase, deployment, battle length and victory conditions, with the matched play missions featuring alternate deployment maps allowing up to 4 kill teams to duke it out;
- A Campaign Record sheet for you to photocopy and use to keep track of the missions you play and their results.
Along with the comprehensive book of rules, there is included a set of cards and tokens for use with Commanders:
- 33 Universal Commander Tactics cards, acting as a handy reference for the Specialist Tactics from the book
- 7 cards covering the psychic powers from the book, along with Psybolt from the Kill Team Core Manual
- 20 blank Commander datacards, featuring space in which to record the name, characteristics, weapons, abilities, specialisms, demeanours, levels and injuries of your Commanders
- A double-sided Commander token sheet, containing a move/charge token, a fall back/advance token, a ready/shoot token, 6 Aura Tactic/Psychic Power tokens, 3 wound tokens, and 3 objective tokens.
A copy of the Kill Team Core Manual is required to use this set.
Kill Team: The Fangs Of Ulfrich
An expansion for Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, this box includes 5 plastic miniatures, a scenery set (with exclusive rules!), and brand-new Tactics and Mission cards. Included:
- 5 Primaris Reivers: supplied on grey plastic, these can be used to represent the Fangs of Ulfrich or your own Adeptus Astartes Kill Team. Included are a glut of weapon options; 5 heavy bolt pistols, 6 bolt carbines, 7 grapnel launchers and 7 combat knives. Each model can be assembled with grav-chutes and full or half-face helms, and there are 2 bare head options for a Sergeant;
- A Sector Mechanicus Alchomite Stack: evoking the acrid, pollution-thick atmosphere that the dark industry of a forge world creates, this kit – supplied on Rhinox Hide coloured plastic – comprises a central dome, an external tank and a series of chimneys. This modular terrain is entirely compatible with all Sector Mechanicus and Sector Imperialis scenery, including that found in the Kill Team box set;
- 13 Tactics cards and 2 Mission cards: the Tactics cards are split between the 6 Adeptus Astartes Tactics taken from the Kill Team Core Manual and 6 Adeptus Astartes Tactics exclusive to this set, giving you new ways to play with your Adeptus Astartes kill team. Also included is a Tactics card for the Alchomite Stack, providing rules for incorporating this into your games. The 2 Mission cards are split between 1 Matched Play and 1 Narrative Play mission;
- An 8-page booklet describing the Fangs of Ulfrich, their history and background, along with a showcase of painted miniatures and a timeline of their deployments;
- 5 datacards for the Fangs of Ulfrich, ready for you to use right away;
- A sheet of card gaming tokens, including 10 Move/Charge tokens, 10 Fall Back/Advance tokens, 10 Shaken tokens, 10 Ready/Shoot tokens, and 6 Objective tokens;
- A sheet of squad marking decals to add to the Reivers.