NighthauntBattletome: NighthauntIn the 88-page hardback Battletome: Nighthaunt, you’ll find:
- That Which Haunts the Night: an introduction to the Nighthaunt, their motivations, processions and the rising threat they pose to all life;
- The Restless Dead: details of the dark and forbidden arts of necromancy – the creation and enslavement of new undead;
- Something Wicked This Way Comes: a great change has swept the Mortal Realms – the necroquake, an unintended result of Nagash’s grand plan, unleashed a mind-splitting wave of eldritch power, resulting in the rising of the wraiths; billions of souls arising and assaulting anything and everything that lives with blind hatred;
- A detailed description of Shyish, the Realm of Death: home of the Great Necromancer Nagash, and source of countless spiritual horrors;
- Chronicles of Terror: a timeline of key events and battles in the history of the Nighthaunt, from the Age of Myth, Age of Chaos, Age of Sigmar and the present;
- Ghostly Processions: organised by order of Nagash and commanded by Lady Olynder, Mortarch of Grief, these are the structures of Nighthaunt armies;
- Explanation and background of each character and unit available to a Nighthaunt army;
- Shock and Terror: an example procession, featuring an annotated photograph explaining how this army was selected and the manner in which they will fight;
- A showcase of beautifully-painted Citadel miniatures, with an example army and comprehensive painting advice from the experts. This advice covers a huge variety of examples and techniques, showing you how to achieve the ghostly effects of blue and green spirits, cloth, rusted and corroded metal, brass, balefire, candles and lantern glows, with guides on painting extra details like bone, wood, and making graves look suitably ghastly.
All the rules you need in order to get your Nighthaunt army ready for the gaming table are here:
- 21 Warscrolls, covering every miniature available to the Nighthaunt faction and including 3 Endless Spell warscrolls – Shyish Reaper, Vault of Souls and Mortalis Terminexus – for use with Malign Sorcery;
- Allegiance Abilities representing the Nighthaunt methods of war – including Command Traits, Battle Traits, rules for resurrection the slain and 3 separate types of Artefacts of power;
- Lore of the Underworlds: a selection of spells available to Nighthaunt wizards;
- A Battleplan, including objectives for both sides, deployment map, special rules and victory conditions;
- Rules for creating a Nighthaunt warband to use in a Path to Glory campaign, including a Followers Rewards Table and a Champion Rewards Table;
- 8 Warscroll Battalions conferring advantages for fielding certain combinations of models;
- Pitched Battle Profiles for all units featured in this Battletome, including unit sizes, points values and battlefield roles, along with faction keywords for Allies.
Easy to Build: Nighthaunt Myrmourn BansheesThis kit comes as 16 components, and is supplied with 4 32mm sculpted round bases – these depict a sepulchral scene, with bones, broken statues and roses littering the graveyard the Banshees drift above.
Nighthaunt: Spirit Hosts
This multi-part plastic kit makes three Spirit Hosts.
Includes three Citadel 50mm Round bases.Nighthaunt: Lady Olynder, Mortarch of GriefThis multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble Lady Olynder, Mortarch of Grief. As the Mortarch of Grief, she is surrounded by an aura of absolute misery – this miniature does an impressive job of capturing the bleakness. Hovering above the ground in her ghastly bridal dress and veil, little can actually be seen of her form other than the outline of a skull. Her bridal train, ruined and shredded, flows out behind her, with a wisp of this ethereal garment attaching the miniature to its base. Thorny vines of grave-roses, which sprout wherever she floats, wrap themselves around her waist and up to her headdress, which itself resembles a thorned briar. In her right hand she wields the Staff of Midnight, an ornate stave topped with a polished gemstone of vitrified grave-sand. She is accompanied by 2 macabre Banshee Handmaidens, horrifying skull-faced spectres. Each carries a gift – an ensorcelled grave-sand hourglass given by Nagash himself which can be smashed asunder with lethal effect, and a sealed casket, the contents of which are a mystery; hardly likely to be anything at all positive...
This model comes as 23 components, and is supplied with a Citadel 60mm Round base
DeathrattleDeathrattle: Skeleton Warriors
This multi-part plastic boxed set contains the parts needed to assemble 10 Skeleton Warriors wielding ancient blades or ancient spears, and includes the necessary parts to assemble 3 models as a champion, standard bearer and hornblower respectively. Supplied with 10 Citadel 25mm Round bases.