Codex: Tyranids contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Tyranids collectors. Within this 128-page hardback, you’ll find:
- The Destroyer of Worlds: the origins of the Tyranids, from the first recorded appearance of their Hive Fleets to their seemingly-unstoppable advance throughout the galaxy, along with details of the manner in which their Hive Minds operate;
- Invasion Swarms: a step-by-step guide to a Tyranid invasion, from the vanguard organisms who seed initial terror through to the swarms of feeder organisms that ultimately strip entire worlds bare;
- Detailed background of the following Hive Fleets: Behemoth, Kraken and Leviathan, with dramatic recounting of famous battles and colour schemes for each;
- Tendrils of the Great Devourer: Information and colour schemes for a further 6 Hive Fleets – Jormungandr, Hydra, Gorgon, Kronos, Tiamet, and Ouroboris;
- A galactic map showing the currently-known major Tyranid incursions;
- Background and details on each character and unit available to a Tyranid army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Tyranid army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 39 datasheets containing rules for every Tyranid unit and miniature;
- Army abilities reflecting the Tyranids’ methods of war on the tabletop;
- Weapons of the Hive Fleets: wargear both ranged and close-combat for use by Tyranid Swarms;
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- The Shadow in the Warp: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
- Hive Fleet Adaptations for the following 7 Hive Fleets: Behemoth, Kraken, Leviathan, Gorgon, Jormungandr, Hydra and Kronos;
- 6 unique Warlord Traits available for any Tyranid commander;
- 7 Warlord Traits specific to the above-named Hive Fleets;
- 28 unique Stratagems;
- Bio-artefacts of the Tyranids: a selection of 12 rare weapons, spawned by the Hive Mind to ensure the galaxy’s doom;
- Hive Mind Discipline: 6 psychic powers available to any Tyranids model with the Psyker keyword;
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.
Start Collecting: Tyranids
This is a great-value box set that gives you an immediate collection of fantastic Tyranid miniatures, which you can assemble and use right away in games of Warhammer 40,000! You’ll receive a 8 Genestealers, armed with rending claws, a Broodlord, armed with monstrous rending claws and a Trygon, armed with scything talons, toxinspike and prehensile pincer tail – this can optionally be assembled as a Mawloc, featuring distensible jaws in lieu of a toxinspike.
Tyranid: Hive Tyrant / The Swarmlord
This multi-part plastic boxed set contains 59 components and one 60mm
base with which to build one Tyranid Hive Tyrant or one Swarmlord.
This kit is supplied unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
This box set contains 12 multi-part plastic Hormagaunts. This 72-piece set includes: four different head designs and two different body designs. Models supplied with 25mm round bases.
Tyranid: Termagant Brood
This box set contains 12 multi-part plastic Termagants and one Ripper Swarm. This 175-piece set includes: three different head designs, two different body designs, fleshborers, spinefists, devourers, adrenal glands and toxin sacs. Also included are 12 25mm round bases and one 40mm round base.
This multi-part plastic kit set contains 97 components and a large oval base with which to make either a Tyranid Trygon or Tyranid Mawloc.
This multi-part plastic boxed set contains 76 components and one Large Oval base with which to build one Tyranid Tyrannofex or one Tervigon.
It is supplied unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.